Vidrala, an international glass bottle manufacturing company needs a new industry 4.0 tool for helping in the production monitoring and planning.
Virtualware developed an advanced visualisation and interaction system to plan and monitor the production of all Vidrala plants located across different countries. This system provides a global vision of up to 3 months of planning, as well as historical data, obtaining an image of the workload at a glance in order to be able to manage new production needs, allowing a fast, agile and real-time management. The system is displayed on a 3x1 multi-touch scrollable videowall with 46'' full-HD monitors located in the operations room. The system includes the following features:
- Alerts, task search and filters to visualise the planning for furnaces, lines and specific plants.
- Management of exclusive and typical models.
- Calendar management per plant.
- Addition of comments and highlighted labels for calendar days.
- Approximate calculation of models produced daily and within two specific dates.
- Data export in Gantt or Excel formats.
Moreover, this tool includes a simulation mode to visualise the actual and simulated planning. The system enables making a copy of the simulated planning for a later study to determine whether they will be applied or discarded from the real planning.